[TYPO3-english] ttnews or T3BLOG

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Mon Sep 19 10:10:03 CEST 2011

jaco: ---------  Hi Georg - thanks for the feedback......  -----------------

"Georg Ringer"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1316169961.28017.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

Hi Jaco,

thanks for your work.

what should be mentioned is also the framework underneath. With fluid,
you don't need e.g. an extra hook to add many stuffs but you can just
use your viewhelpers.

jaco: ---------  I need to understand more how I can use viewhelpers to
extend an extension - This is something I need to learn and figure out - I
have seen all the basic presentations, etc.. but have not actually used
it -----------------

> NEWS
> I see some good Usability design here to simplify for basic
> editors/clients -

indeed this was very important for me. I needed to look at tt_news in
last week and didn't get it running..the plugin is so filled with things
I don't understand,

jaco: ---------  I think because ttnews has been around such a long time
there are lots of discussion and examples in the forum on issues which is a
plus  -----------------

> but not yet so feature rich (social media integration/
> forum integration)

please be fair and compare the basic extension and not some other
extensions which extend tt_news or so.

jaco: ---------  Quite correct - - The excell was thrown together using
mostly "claimed" features (I did a little check up here and there) - and
sometimes an extension page like t3blog will claim "versioning"  which is
actually a part of the typo3 framework - I need to experience the usage
thereof in typo3 to better qualify it's level of integration with the
standard versioning system ... -----------------

news got all social buttongs like FB, twitter and so on integrated by
default.

jaco: ---------  Ok good to know - I'm delving into the manual to get a
better understanding of it's capabilities - I do not want to implement a
"wordpress" site for my client - although Wordpress is trying to be more
like a CMS since so many companies are using it now for more than just a
blog - but I need a CMS-system - and hope that my "blog" sections could just
be another sub-category of the news/ttnews extension  -----------------

Please also look at the last release in TER.

to the other points of the excel:

- tagcloud: tags are available, not yet a tagclout. tt_news e.g. doesn't
got tags

- realurl: works fine
- category icons: can be done
- own markers can be achieved by extending the extension or viewhelpers

jaco: --------- I definitely want to get my hands dirty with viewhelpers &
fluid  -----------------

- what do you mean with widgetsß

jaco: ---------  Calendar, Tagcloud, Voting, 3rd part extensions available
in typo3 - I reckon I just add them as any other plugin in a "news"

- automatic archiving after n days > possible
- cahcing + indexing: default caching
- direct preview: included
- versioning + workspaces: included with support of extbase
- Context sensitive help: included
- xml feed supported

jaco: ---------  Thanks Georg  -----------------

georg