[TYPO3-english] Amharic Translation

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Sep 6 07:44:31 CEST 2011

Hi Historia,

Historia wrote:
> I am working on a site in Amharic, a very unusual language for websites.
> However I use the Newsslider and the weekdays are correct in Amharic.
> However it doesn't work in the News Detail view.
>
> Typo3 4.5.5
> tt_news 3.0.1
> t3s_slidernews 2.0.5
> static_info_tables 2.2.0
>
> How can I find the right locallang with the amharic data which should be
> with the language key am.

Amharic's language code is "AM". However it is not part of the TYPO3
supported locales (line 798 of t3lib/config_default.php in your TYPO3
install). As such, I'm quite unsure about where you may find Amharic
translations for your extensions.

You may translate it yourself, if needed, or locally override the label
(from TS) using _LOCAL_LANG property in your plugin configuration.

But if your extension was to know the language code, then you have your
answer.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers