[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Sep 5 08:41:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

or try EXT:basictemplate with fluidtemplate ;)
I really think you should read the two mentioned tutorials - i read them
years ago and they lightend my way ;)

Otherwise, if you want to get your site up and running fast you should
use one of the mentioned frameworks:

 - quicksite with ext:templavoila_framework
 - ext:basictemplate, based on fluidtemplate (easy adoptable)

Each change to one of this templates needs basic knowledge, while it's a
bit easier to change the fluid template ;)

@Philipp,

I understand you - but perhaps we need a landingpage for "newbies":

 - Gettings started
 - Templating systems
   - Quicksite
   - ...
 - ...

I think the complexity for beginners is sometimes higher than needed
because of the spread documentation. Many comunity members know where to
search - but newbies can't knew that :(

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!