[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon Sep 5 08:29:56 CEST 2011

On 09/04/2011 12:14 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to do the website of my company in Typo3. I knew this CMS
> some years ago, and I love it, but never used it to do some serious with
> it, only playing. Now, I want to base my work on it. But, first of all,
> I'm newbie in T3 :P

you know what from TYPO3?
existence?
your questions show very poor knowledge about TYPO3 and I got the
feeling you want us to teach you TYPO3 in one day. As you can't learn a
whole book in one day, you cant get the whole TYPO3 in one day.

> For my first project, I want to do my own company website. Because my
> design skills are horrible, I'm doing some test trying to use Artisteer
> as template maker, to map later with TV in my site.
>
> I installed T3 4.5.5, and I'm going throug some errors I don't know how
> to solve.
>
> First problem, Is with content editor. When I try to edit a content, I
> get a blank page (screenshot: http://yfrog.com/m9nopeditablecontentj )
>
> I'm having problems with TV too.
>
> The header has a little flash, only to give a shine effect. In
> template.html works, but the page generated by T3, flash is not working.
> screenshot header by t3: http://yfrog.com/n7noflashj
> screnshot original template (with background effect):
> http://yfrog.com/jttemplateckj
>
> And, if is not enough :P I can't get menu working.
>
> In template, the menu is something like:
>> <ul class="art-menu">
>> <li>
>> </li>
>> <li>
>> class="t">Menu Item</span></a>
>> <ul>
>> <ul>
>
> I only got it working mapping <ul> (OUTER), but CSS is not taking in count.
> screenshot how menu is showing: http://yfrog.com/npmenuwocssj

this shows you have no knowldge about marker/subparts-concept, as you
expect TYPO3 to replace single links inside your HTML.
in TYPO3 a whole block with all included HTML will be build, as it is
needed on a change of the page tree

help needs to be accepted. You insist on using your descicion anyway
other say to use another way.

want to learn about markers?
try the master-template:
http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html

as the full  documentation is still only available for 1.0.0 start with
this version.
You will end up (1-2 hours later) with a full functioning website
WITHOUT your styling.
But you should be able to attach it or use your own HTML-template with
your own CSS.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html