[TYPO3-english] Get file size with typoscript? or some other way?

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 16:01:35 CEST 2011

Hi.

I am building a podcast feed from tt_news records with typoscript.

Everything is working fine except one thing.

To make a valid feed I need to set the 'length' value for the sound
file. The 'length' is simply the file size in bytes. It could look like
this for a 2mb file: length="2000000"

I could make an extra field in tt_news and enter the file size manually
but I would rather that the file size is detected and inserted
automatically.

Is there a way to get the size of a file with typoscript?

Or are there other solutions?

All suggestions are most welcome.