[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Mon Sep 5 18:23:40 CEST 2011

Hi Andi, thanks for your advice.

Yes, I installed wec package in local to see how things are done (there
are a lot of effort inside), and I'm replicating to a 4.5.5 installation
with TV_framework.

For the moment, all is going good (with TV_framework skins imported, not
mine, but I like Stacks skin), but I can't get submenus in the sidebar
to work, and I'm looking wec package, but I don't understand how there
works.

El 05/09/2011 17:57, Andreas Becker escribió:
> Hi Guiseppe
>
> One good tip to exist and work here in the TYPO3 Community Mailinglists.
>
> NEVER give up trying to ask questions and even they are said to be dumm.
> There is no question to be dumm to be asked!

Thanks ;)

> Concerning your problems with TemplaVoila and CSS I don't understand where
> there could be a problem. Perhaps could you explain it a bit more.

Well, the problem is simple. The template.html has "Home", "About" and
so on in menu area, with a bckground, dropdown effect when hover, and so
on..... When I map it, the "default" menu, of course, not appear, and
instead, my own pages (as should be), but, without background, colors,
only as <a href> links without styling. I hope I explained better.

> Again I suggest you try the wec package! As this is a site ready to start
> with with lots of examples. Concerning your problems with the menus TS or
> CSS or both you have here tons of example templates you can test and try and
> compare.

I'm going on. Really, I think is a great package, but I like to
understand how things works. For this reason, I have it installed in
local, while I'm trying to replicate wec package behaviour in my own
installation.

> A brilliant start for newbies in TYPO3 is this here:
> http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/how-to-build-your-website/

I will check it later, thanks.

> Work it through step by step!
>
> Perhaps afterwards you would like to test out more skins - go here:
> http://webempoweredchurch.org/no_cache/support/help/tutorial/import_wec_skins_for_tv_framework/
>
> If you have questions concerning any of the WEC Skins you usually get help
> right the way ( especially as a newbie) here:
> http://webempoweredchurch.org/support/forum/posts/skins/drop-down-menu-for-lights-out-skin/
>
> Only those who ask will receive an answer.
> If you will stop asking us here on the list, perhaps others will have the
> same problems like you shortly after you keep quiet and shut up. This would
> be no solution at all :-)

This is the 4th time I try to understand and work with Typo3. Before, I
left because "fear" to ask, and because I only checked in my hobby time.
Now, I WANT to get it working, and most important, understand it, to use
for my customers. I still thinking thath Typo3 is the best by far CMS
out there.

> If you have time drop by :-) - This is no joke - simply come and we will
> pick you up at the airport.

This could by interesting hehehe, but if my english wrote is bad,
speaked is worst :P

> Or look if you can find a User Group in your
> Area. Which country are you in, perhaps we can help you to connect to people
> who already work with TYPO3 in your area.

Spain, the land of Sun, Bulls and Macarena ROFL.
I'm in UG-Spain list, there aren't too much movement like this, for this
I can't get different opinions about "things", but there, is Nicolas
Puente thath helps me a lot (but him don't use TV, sad.. :P )