[TYPO3-english] Video conversion in TYPO3

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Nov 29 16:30:53 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

i suggest you to wait with the integration until FAL is ready.
Using FAL it should be possible to hook into and use a lot of the stuff,
which is integrated in the core ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 29.11.2011 14:39, schrieb Lorenz Ulrich:
> Hi Christian
>
> As you could read in the previous posts, such a feature doesn't exist
> yet. If you want to have a cool solution, you will need to write your
> own extension for it. And you won't be able to run it on a virtual
> server...
>
> You could use some HTML5 & Flash uploader (e.g. Plupload [1], but when
> the TYPO3 guys wanted to integrate it to the core, it wasn't very
> stable, no idea how it works now).
>
> Once you have the video online, you need to convert it to other formats,
> ffmpeg is a good tool for that [2]. It will take quite some time to
> encode videos so users must wait until the video is ready.
>
> Someyou you also may want to integrate a feature that lets the user
> choose a thumbnail.
>
> To play the video, you could use native HTML5 playback in browsers (see
> [3]) with a Flash fallback.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lorenz
>
> [1] http://www.plupload.com/
> [2] http://ffmpeg.org/
> [3] http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_video.asp
>

> Am 28.11.2011 17:06, schrieb Christian Zenker:
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> I was planning to allow editors to upload videos to be integrated into a
>> webpage. As I have never done this before, I just figured out that the
>> Media CE of TYPO3 is only capable of displaying already converted videos
>> (if I did not miss something!?). But for editors it would be much nicer
>> just having to upload (almost) any video like they can do with images.
>> So the idea came to mind that it should not be too difficult to have
>> maybe a scheduler task and some tool like ffmpeg or mencoder to convert
>> videos.
>> But before I start writing something from scratch, I'd like to ask how
>> you deal with this? Which tools do you use? Or is there an easier way
>> for editors to convert videos?
>>
>> I'd very much appreciate any related comment.
>>
>> Christian.

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answere was usefull: https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach