[TYPO3-english] Video conversion in TYPO3

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Nov 29 14:39:40 CET 2011

Hi Christian

As you could read in the previous posts, such a feature doesn't exist
yet. If you want to have a cool solution, you will need to write your
own extension for it. And you won't be able to run it on a virtual server...

You could use some HTML5 & Flash uploader (e.g. Plupload [1], but when
the TYPO3 guys wanted to integrate it to the core, it wasn't very
stable, no idea how it works now).

Once you have the video online, you need to convert it to other formats,
ffmpeg is a good tool for that [2]. It will take quite some time to
encode videos so users must wait until the video is ready.

Someyou you also may want to integrate a feature that lets the user
choose a thumbnail.

To play the video, you could use native HTML5 playback in browsers (see
[3]) with a Flash fallback.

Best regards,

Lorenz

[1] http://www.plupload.com/