[TYPO3-english] SOLVED - Re: blank backend revisited

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Nov 25 20:07:25 CET 2011

Hi Katja,

> There was not enough memory configured in php.ini and this time in some
> upload form, it was 16M, increasing it to 32M got the backend working.
>
> This is pretty basic, why is there no error or warning if this happens I
> wonder.

When I open INSTALL.txt at the root of a TYPO3 4.5 distribution, I read:

System requirements

[...]

The following configuration is the minimum required:
- a web server capable of running PHP
- [...]
- memory_limit set to at least 64M in php.ini

The following configuration is recommended:
- [...]
- memory_limit set to 128M or more in php.ini

In addition, IIRC there something in the Install Tool as well.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6