[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 - ORACLE - TV

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Nov 22 14:43:41 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

> How do I configure TV to do that? (I'm using TV V. 1.6.0)

Basically, you have to make sure
typo3conf/ext/templavoila/ext_tables.sql is modified, otherwise TYPO3
will complain that "type" does not match.

And then you have to manually take care of modifying the DB to change
the type. You may start by modifying ext_tables.sql, see how TYPO3 wants
to "ALTER" your schema and do it manually as AFAIR you won't be able to
ALTER the column type with Oracle.

> If that doesn't run..
> I got an idea, is there maybe the possibility to add the entry in the oracle
> database manually? It would be a uniquely action.
> So I already got a Template, created with TV. And now I just need to know,
> where I have to adjust the database. Right?

Easiest way I guess would be to "backup" your content somehow (using
external tools), delete the two columns and recreate them from within
TYPO3, this way you are totally sure they are created the way it should :)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!