[TYPO3-english] Have to login twice to the BE - Why?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Nov 22 08:26:45 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:01:10 -0700, Tim Hogan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed the latest version of Typo3 and I have run into a
> strange problem.  When I go to log into the BE the first time always
> fails.  The second time will work.  Here is what I have so far;
>
> - Tested with the same results in Firefox, IE, Opera and Chrome. - if I
> logout the log back in within a short period of time I have no problems.
> - It looks like I have to be logged out for over an hour before I have
> to login twice again.
> - Logs show it as a password error (I am sure that I am typing the
> password correctly).
> - FE does not have this problem, first login always works. - I have
> tried deleting all files and directories in the temp directory, no
> change.
> - Tried clearing the caches, no change. - Tried changing the login
> password, no change - Tried from another computer, same problem.
>
> Any Ideas?

login is done with cookies. clear all cookies and you may log in
immediate.
the question is: why does the cookies get confused?
some possibilities:
* changing IP (like proxies)
* multiple TYPO3-logins on the same domain but different pathes and
automatic login from browser which get confused
* redirection (path changing) in .htaccess
:

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html