[TYPO3-english] Have to login twice to the BE - Why?

Tim Hogan tim at hoganzoo.com
Tue Nov 22 04:01:10 CET 2011

Hello All,

I have just installed the latest version of Typo3 and I have run into a
strange problem.  When I go to log into the BE the first time always
fails.  The second time will work.  Here is what I have so far;

- Tested with the same results in Firefox, IE, Opera and Chrome.
- if I logout the log back in within a short period of time I have no
problems.
- It looks like I have to be logged out for over an hour before I have
to login twice again.
- Logs show it as a password error (I am sure that I am typing the
password correctly).
- FE does not have this problem, first login always works.
- I have tried deleting all files and directories in the temp directory,
no change.
- Tried clearing the caches, no change.
- Tried changing the login password, no change
- Tried from another computer, same problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Tim