[TYPO3-english] Under maintenance page while upgrading

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Mon Nov 21 22:14:18 CET 2011

Hi,

Simply rename/unlink your index.php, put up a 'maintenence' index.php with
maintenence info (you can put html content in a php file if you don't know
php). You can still access the install tool (as the actual file for the
install tool is at typo3/install). As all calls to unknown URLS are
directed to index.php, everyone will see the maintenence file. No matter
what URL they put in (unless they are accessing images etc). When you are
finished updating, replace the index.php file with the actual typo3 one.

Richard