[TYPO3-english] Chrome, Safari, htmlArea and non-breaking spaces...

Roel Krottje remobots at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:13:22 CET 2011

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone has got a solution to the following problem:

I'm using TYPO3 4.5 and htmlArea RTE 2.1.6 .. I'm noticing that since the
last update of my browser Google Chrome (at least I'm guessing this is the
root of the problem), any space I type in my RTE editor, gets converted
into a  .. This is the case immediately (I can tell using the show
code option), not just after saving.. I tested this on multiple TYPO3
installations (all version 4.5) and on multiple computers, so it's not just
my Chrome client...

You can understand this gets pretty annoying after a while since I don't
want all my spaces to be non-breakable..

Also, when I wanted to test this in Safari (latest version), I noticed that
the htmArea didn't show up in the first place, it just kept on loading
(ajax loading gif).. - just as was the case with earlier TYPO3 versions in
Chrome.. Any thoughts on this as well?

I'm on Windows by the way and tested this both on Vista and 7...

Thanks for any suggestions!
Roel Krottje