[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Core API

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 2 11:21:34 CET 2011

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb am 02.11.2011 11:08:

>> It also made sense in that this part is a real reference, much like the
>> TSref, whereas Core APIs is a kind of melting pot about TYPO3 APIs,
>> programming advice and other "sub-systems" (like how to use the system
>> registry, etc.). And the TCA reference "gained" one level of table of
>> contents (by not being just a chapter), which makes for a more
>> accessible TOC.
>
> What is a pity, but probably not your fault, is that the rendering at
> typo3.org of this new document is completely bogus. Empty chapters, a
> bizarr TOC with lots of "Core Documentation" chapters (which appear to
> *be* the empty chapters)..
>
> Is there something you could do to make it look better (while we don't
> have any new and better infrastructure for it)?

As far as I saw, you get these kind of uglities if you use the "Header
5", which is used by several "Example" markers.

Also there is a paragraph style called "Foo", which appear to be
rendered as a top level TOC entry, which causes all those empty "Core
Documentation" chapters. You should get rid of this style too.

You see the errors in OpenOffice in the Navigator (F5) where you can see
the structure of your document.

After fixing these issues, it might get rendered better.

Cheers,
Ernesto