[TYPO3-english] problem with charset / DB

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri May 27 14:55:18 CEST 2011

Hello Goerg,

write a small script (e.g. in PHP) which runs over all Tables and all
textfields in them and read out the data.
Use the php functions of mb_string or other charset helpers to force
your needed charset -> anyway i suggest you to switch to UTF8.

Test the script on a dev server before using it on production env.
Backup you DB.
Run the script.
Check if all is working as expected.

Now you're done ;)