[TYPO3-english] [Tesseract] Filter does not work

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun May 22 18:41:26 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

> I would play some with Tesseract. And I build the example of the site.
> Looks fantastic and full of promises for fast programming.
>
> And the first tutorial was a breeze.

Glad to hear that :-)

> But the second was my Waterloo.

OK, let's try to get you out of that.

> The filter to show only admins of editors did not work.
>
> I've tried this options after the instructions of the manuals on the
> website:
>
> 1. added the field admin to the select statement
> 2. In the filter changed "admin=0" to "be_users.admin=0"
> 3. In the filter changed "admin=0" to "main.be_users.admin=0"
> 4. In the filter changed "admin=0" to "main.admin=0"

All of this should change the result.

> 5. Tested in TYPO3 4.5.2 and in TYPO3 4.6alpha

Should work fine with 4.5.2. Haven't tested yet with 4.6.

> In all tests the list with editors stays empty.
>
> As far as I know I've installed the extensions in the preferred order.

Good.

> What else can be wrong?

That's hard to say with the above information. Here's some information
you could add:

- a screenshot of the displaycontroller content element showing the
relations between the components
- activate the debug mode of dataquery and check what SQL query is
produced. This is probably the most useful.
- when viewing your page, you can also add the following to the query
string:

&debug[structure]=1

This will instruct templatedisplay to debug() the data structure. But it
will probably be empty. Checking the SQL query generated by dataquery is
probably the most useful.

HTH

--

Francois Suter