[TYPO3-english] PayPal IPN works in 4.3 but does not work in 4.5?

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 18:52:21 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm building a PayPal ecommerce site and having the weirdest problem. In making
a purchase and for security purposes, PayPal uses a verification process call
IPN. The way it works is:

- PayPal sends a request to my server at
www.10minutewebsite.ca/?paypal_ipn_verify to verify
- My server uses a PHP script to receive/reply back to PayPal

Now for the weird part: In v. 4.3, the process worked just fine. I upgraded to
4.5.2 LTS and PayPal is reporting  a 403 error accessing the
www.10minutewebsite.ca/?paypal_ipn_verify page.

I can reference the page directly in a browser. I checked with my server host
people and they say that there's nothing wrong with the server/firewall causing
this block - they insist it's due to 4.5.2. Additionally, they gave me this
message in 'typo3conf/deprecation_6e7b3daa61.log' file during the ipn verify
process.

05-05-11 02:49:
t3lib_div::view_array() - since TYPO3 4.5 -
Use t3lib_utility_Debug::viewArray instead - require#84
// t3lib_div::makeInstance#213
// ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs#5275
// tslib_fe->tslib_fe#
// t3lib_div::callUserFunction#461
// call_user_func_array#5134
// tx_timtabbadbehavior_bb->bbStart#
// bb2_start#46
// bb2_test#161
// bb2_banned#112
// bb2_log_denial#83
// bb2_insert#45
// t3lib_div::view_array#48
// t3lib_div::logDeprecatedFunction#3709
(typo3_src-4.5.2/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php#3708)

I have a feeling this is a relatively simple permissions issue, but I have that
"needle in a haystack" feeling. Can anybody help please?

Thanks so much as always in advance,
-Scott.