[TYPO3-english] ExtJS question about resizing components

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 28 11:03:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 28.03.2011 10:12, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if it's ok to post an ExtJS question in a TYPO3 list, but
> since we're using ExtJS more and more, I figure it's ok. Flame me if I'm
> wrong ;-)

that's ok imho, we are in the same community and help with any coding.

> I have a very complicated input form, structured into tabs using an
> ExtJS TabPanel. Inside one of the tabs, there is further code to
> show/hide fields depending on options chosen. This works well, but I
> would need the tab panel to resize itself, because some of the form
> components that appear depending on choices made are larger than the
> current size of the tab panel.
>
> How can I tell my tab panel to resize itself?

Be aware that tabs are rendered lazy. So if you have a form spread over
tabs, you have to set "deferredRender" to false to get all fields submitted.

For any change inside the tab you need to call a doLayout() on the
tabpanel itself.

vg Steffen