[TYPO3-english] How to install TYPO3 on my mac... Apache?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Sat Mar 12 07:53:45 CET 2011

Hi Jacob,

11.3.2011 22:51, Jakob Pedersen kirjoitti:
> What is MAMP PRO and how do i use it. How do i set up the MySQL, Apache, and
> PHP on my Mac. What are the programs... have never heard about Apache.. how
> do i start it.

Are you absolutely sure you want to install TYPO3 in your local machine? It sounds a bit like you are new to this and perhaps you assume you have to install it in your mac..? If I assume wrong, sorry.

The principle is that you have to install TYPO3 to a server. So if you don't have any server available and you want to test TYPO3 you can install server properties (Apache, MySQL, PHP) on your Mac, but much easier and safer would be just to buy a webhosting plan from some server provider and install TYPO3 there.

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*