[TYPO3-english] Mega Menu with Typo3

Alex MacDonald alex at ccum.net
Thu Mar 3 22:43:46 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to implement what is known as a Mega Menu into Typo3, according to at Nettuts tutorial at http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/how-to-build-a-kick-butt-css3-mega-drop-down-menu/. You can see the demo (example) here: http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/819_megamenu/demo/index.html. I can't figure out how to categorize the menu items into categories, which in turn will be columns. The columns will be separate unodered lists. Each undordered list needs to be surrounded with a <div> with a certain class name, too. My question is 1) Is this able to be done through Typo3? and 2) Is there any way, once the initial code is created, to be able to update it without editing the Typoscript?

I've looked into options such as Optionsplit, but I can't guarantee how many menu items will be in each column, so that doesn't seem to be helping. Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

- Alex