[TYPO3-english] t3blog on postgres

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Jun 20 13:50:44 CEST 2011

Hello Boris,

> I'm trying to run t3blog on TYPO3 4.4.7 with Postgres 8.3 as a database.
> After navigating to newly created site I see the following error:
>
> DBAL fatal error: No handler found in handler_getFromTableList() for:
> "tx_t3blog_post,be_users /*! FORCE INDEX (PRIMARY) */" (SQL engine parse
> ERROR: No comma found as expected in parseFromTables(): near "/*! FORCE
> INDEX (PRIMARY) */ ")

such hints are not supported by TYPO3's SQL parser.

> This is because of class.listFunctions.php:58. If I remove this comment
> I get another error:
>
> SQL engine parse ERROR: No field name found as expected in
> parseFieldList(): near "DISTINCT(tx_t3blog_post.uid) AS
> uid,tx_t3blog_post" in
> /path/to/typo3/typo3/sysext/dbal/class.ux_t3lib_db.php : 1192
>
> This time because of class.listFunctions.php:43.

Syntax is wrong for TYPO3's SQL parser, you have to write

DISTINCT tx_t3blog_post.uid

as DISTINCT is a keyword, not a function.

> Is it OK to run t3blog on postgres? Are this error really a bugs and
> should be they be fixed?

these are bugs are author(s) did not stick to TYPO3's SQL but used MySQL
hints or allowed syntax.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers