[TYPO3-english] huge cache_data fields in table cache_pages caused by plugins / bad performace

Stefan Frömken firma at sfroemken.de
Mon Jul 25 10:56:53 CEST 2011

Hello Fabian,

I should try following:

Many pages make use of pdf generation. But while doing so it makes no
sence to cache the generated pdf into database. I think the website user
can still wait 5 secs instead of 2-3 secs. So try something like this:

pdf_generator = PAGE
pdf_generator.type = 123
pdf_generator.no_cache = 1

Don't activate no_cache = 1 for your normal page type!

Next step: enable useCachingFramework in INSTALL_TOOL and activate
compression. This compresses cache_data entries. For more informations
have a look into this page:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Caching_framework

If you're using CachingFramework you can also activate the
garbageCollector within scheduler-extension to autoremove old entries
every day (TYPO3 4.6.*).

Stefan