[TYPO3-english] tt_news in Typo3 4.5.2

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Jul 22 06:01:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 22.07.2011 02:58, schrieb James Corell:
> My biggest complaint about tt_news is that it doesn't support the full range
> of content that tt_content does.

news supports content elements as it is done in rgnewsce. is this enough
for you or do you think about more?

news also includeds handling of media files as done with rgmediaimagesttnews

> Any advice on how to install a Typo3 extension from Git? Considering that
> the Typo3 repository has moved to Git, shouldn't the extension manager
> support installation of extensions from Git?

this would certainly be a nice idea but the EM also doesn't support SVN
in previous times.

If you don't want to install a GIT client, you can simple download a zip
here:
http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/news.git?a=shortlog > click on
the first "snapshot" link and extract the news directory into typo3conf/ext/

Btw: you need TYPO3 4.5.3 or 4.6.

Georg