[TYPO3-english] tt_news in Typo3 4.5.2

James Corell jcorell at iprus.net
Fri Jul 22 02:58:48 CEST 2011

My biggest complaint about tt_news is that it doesn't support the full range
of content that tt_content does. Many developers have made extensions for
tt_news, but that simply complicates the process of installing and
configuring a news system. I personally have hopes that News will provide
this kind of functionality, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how
to install it.

Any advice on how to install a Typo3 extension from Git? Considering that
the Typo3 repository has moved to Git, shouldn't the extension manager
support installation of extensions from Git?

James Corell
jcorell at iprus.net