[TYPO3-english] Category tree view for custom extension in BE

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Thu Jul 7 22:52:27 CEST 2011

Hi, list.

My goal is a category tree-view instead of simple multiple selection list at
record editing at BE. Same as tt_news has for news categories.
I know, that I can reuse the code from tt_news, but... I 'm sure, that I've
read somewhere (yeah, I can't find where exactly) about TYPO3 new feature,
that allows a tree view in BE out-of-the-box by some simple TCA change. And
I really can't find, where I've read that info and moreover I can't
remember, was it introduced as upcoming feature of 4.6 brunch or as existing
in 4.5.

Can someone, please, point me out about this?