[TYPO3-english] Multi-language redirect

Tony Lush tlush at advancewm.com
Thu Jul 7 22:01:25 CEST 2011

I am trying to redirect requests by language for a certain page to their
respective targets in another application on the same server.

The system includes TYPO3 4.5.x and realURL 1.11.1. RealURL is
configured to do the alternative languages as

domain.tld/es/... and
domain.tld/zh/...

I tried using page typoscript without success:

config.additionalHeaders = Location: http://domain.tld/division.php?div=ap
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
  config.additionalHeaders = Location:
http://domain.tld/division.php?div=ap&L=1
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
  config.additionalHeaders = Location:
http://domain.tld/division.php?div=ap&L=2
[global]

With TS, all I get is the dummy page without redirects.

I tried setting up localized versions of the page, and then converting
each in their page properties to be a Jump to an external URL, also
without success.

I was able to set realURL redirects successfully, though realURL
complains about them being redirected from an actual page.

Should I stick with the realURL redirect? Or is there a better solution?

Thank you -- Tony