[TYPO3-english] javascript compressor in the backend

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jan 20 15:09:35 CET 2011

On 20.01.11 14:52, Simon Schaufelberger wrote:
> Hi,
> i have a question to that.
> My performance of the compressor is VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY slow in the
> backend. Sometimes it take upt to 3 seconds to get a javascript file
> with status 200 OK according to firebug network modul.
> why does it take so long? any way to improve the performance?

As described, compressor compresses only once, but delivers often.

Add this to your localconf.php and uncomment the required .htaccess rules.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['compressionLevel'] = '9';

This produces gzipped files.

Also you should send expires headers:
<FilesMatch "\.(js|css)(\.gzip)?$">
         <IfModule mod_expires.c>