[TYPO3-english] dynamic content snippets

Mario Šargač sargac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:22:20 CET 2011

Hi Søren,

Thanks for replying -- if I understand you correctly, I should create a
FCE with "input field" and than I'd be able to insert that FCE wherever
I want, beside regular content, right? Like this:
-------------
"Text" CE
"HTML" CE
FCE (the new one, with any amount of "variable" data)
"Text" CE
-------------

That wouldn't solve my trouble though.. I was thinking of creating
"something", that I would be able to place into whatever CE, into
HtmlArea, for example, like this:

I edit "Text CE" and write content:
-------------
... the library's opening hours are {opening_hours} during the summer
time, and {opening_hours_winter} during the winter time. For all
inquiries please call {library_phone}.

Something like that :) That would be ideal case. But of course I would
be satisfied producing independent content blocks, that I'd be able to
place on certain pages and positions, but the variables I'd be using in
those elements would be managed at one place.

I'll try to join IRC later,
Mario