[TYPO3-english] tt_news SEARCH and LIST in different containers (feature request?)

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Jan 7 02:10:48 CET 2011

Hi, List.

Maybe, I need a good sleep, but I can't find a good way to make tt_news
search form appear in different container, than search results list.
What I'm doing now is inserting a lib.news_search with code SEARCH in
desired place, but set LIST template to nothing:
lib.news_search =< plugin.tt_news
lib.news_search.code = SEARCH
lib.news_search.emptySearchAtStart = 1
lib.news_search.altMainMarkers.TEMPLATE_LIST = TEMPLATE_LIST_EMPTY
lib.news_search.altMainMarkers.TEMPLATE_LIST.wrap = ###|###

with this code in template:
<!-- ###TEMPLATE_LIST_EMPTY### begin -->
<!-- ###TEMPLATE_LIST_EMPTY### end -->

And I set second plugin with SEARCH code, but in different place, and doing
opposite: set empty SEARCH template with normal LIST template.
Things are working well, but I'm worrying about double run of search code,
which may hit performance with large number of articles.

Is there any good way to make search form appear separately from search
results?
Thank you in advance.