[TYPO3-english] Accent insentive on INDEXED SEARCH

Javier Moñiz javiermoniz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:59:32 CET 2011

The search at my web doesn't find the same number of results when i
search a phrase with french accents , for example a research for the
word methodes , gives back one result, but if i search for the word
méthodes i get back 26 results.
My database was forcely set from latinswidish to utg8_general_ci and
also the fields at the table.
I´ve tried to force UTF8 from instalation panel
([BE][forceCharset])but as i do this i get weird square caracters at
the website , all the rest is peacefully set at utf8 with no problems.
I obviusly had to unset the [BE][forceCharset] on utf-8.

I am close to desperate with no more ideas on mind. If someone has
gone through this inferno i would apreciate a word from. Any help or
idea is welcome.
Thanks