[TYPO3-english] sp_bettercontact in Typo 4.6.x - Form labels not rendered, shows "Array"

Den Denyer denyerec at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:29:13 CET 2011

Thanks for the hack Alexander!

Xavier, I have zero experience with the TYPO3 API, as a result haven't the
first clue where to start using it to defeat this current problem. I guess
that's why there's a temptation to skirt the API and simply solve the bug
at hand (very quickly) with dirty PHP.

I'd really like to address the problem in the correct manner though, so I
would greatly appreciate if you could perhaps steer me in the right
direction. This is (sadly) the real world and so I find myself trapped
between the rock of fixing it quickly, and the hard place of fixing it
properly!

Is the suggestion that the "hack" be applied but using the API, or in fact
that the entire plugin is doing it wrong and should be using the API? The
questions I could ask regarding this are no doubt as frustrating as they
are endless, so I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Kindest regards and many thanks,
Denyer