[TYPO3-english] How can I manipulate which tt_content to show?

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:05:13 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I need to be able to decide which tt_content of a page to show
depending on where I'm positioned on the tree structure. To explain it
better (sometimes my english make nonsense :-) ) what I need is that
if I have more than one tt_content for a given page, I want to display
just the first tt_content on a page and on another page (a child of
the first) show both content.

This is because in the first page, I'm displaying the tt_content of
their child pages like a preview. But the child pages need to have
more than one tt_content that must be displayed when I access the
child page.

What I did so far is to mark as hidden the second tt_content of the
child page so it doesn't appears on the page that display the preview
of the child tt_content, but I don't know how to make it display on
when I access the child page. Looking at the reference for the
"select" property that you can give to the CONTENT cObject it explains
that the content marked as hidden is excluded from the select as it
should be.

So, how can I do to decide which content to show when I page has more
than one tt_content?. Let me know if you don't understand what I'm
trying to do and I'll try to explain it better :-)

Thanks for all,
Ernesto