[TYPO3-english] Workflow

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:43:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would like to apply a work-flow to a group of users along the lines below (I am working with TYPO3 v4.4.2, versioning 1.2.0):

1. No access to the live workspace, all new and modified content to be made in a custom draft workspace.
2. Publication is via a selected user who will normally swap the new content with the old so that the old content becomes archived. I want to end up with an archive comprising all the superseded versions.

I have this working (more-or-less). However, once the swap has been made my restricted users can now only see the archived version and not the current, live version. Obviously this makes it very difficult for them to create new drafts from the live content.

Is there any way round this?

Graham