[TYPO3-english] Deployment strategies

Rudi Meyer rme at systime.dk
Thu Oct 28 15:36:15 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I'm looking into possible deployment methods for our TYPO3 setup and
would like some feedback on this :)

We currently have 3-4 webservers behind a loadbalancer. There
webservers are connected to a single fileserver and a single database
server.

Issues:
The file and database servers are becomming the bottle neck
We are relying on the single point of failure of the two backend servers
We are currenty working LIVE, developers are on SSH connections to the
live servers and authors are working on the live part of the content
in TYPO3.

I would like a solution where i could run an internal TYPO3 server
where content would be produced, this would then be packaged once in a
while and shipped to each 3-4 standalone webservers (with their own
files and databases). Each webserver would work as a single contained
instance without file or database server backing.

My worries are that some of the TYPO3 content is produced dynamically,
like scaled images, caches etc. - how would i secure that the
"package" would contain everything necessary before a deployment?

--
Best regards
Rudi Meyer