[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and apache rewrites

Pero Matic pero at matic.com
Wed Oct 20 22:11:50 CEST 2010

Can someone with knowledge of apache rewrites help me here please. I spend
all day trying to debug it but no success. I have this rewriterule in
virtual host section:

RewriteRule ^/classes(.*)$ /factory/planes/pilots/classes$1

So what i want to accomplish is when somebody writes:

http://mysite.com/classes/page

he gets the page located at:

http://mysite.com/factory/planes/pilots/classes/page

and address in his browser doesn't change - it stays
http://mysite.com/classes/page

Now, after i put that rule in apache config, reloaded apache and accessed
http://mysite.com/classes/page i get redirected to the http://mysite.com/
with apache status code 302 ???

If i make external redirect like this:

RewriteRule ^/classes(.*)$ /factory/planes/pilots/classes$1 [R]

everything works fine but address in browser is changed to
http://mysite.com/factory/planes/pilots/classes/page which is not good for
me.

So, anybody have an idea why 302 is sent and why am i being redirected to
the /
Btw. i'm using CoolURI. THX!

Regards.