[TYPO3-english] IMG_RESOURCE from RECORDS within CSS (seminars extension)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:57:46 CEST 2010

Hi there,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Janosch Skrobek <janosch at bworx.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to create a gifbuilder image for my seminars title. Since I can
> not get into the extension itself via typoscript I have come up with a
> different approach:
>
> lib.test1=COA
> lib.test1{
> wrap=|
> 5=RECORDS
> 5 {
> source = {GPvar:tx_seminars_pi1|showUid}
> source.insertData = 1
> tables = tx_seminars_seminars
> conf.tx_seminars_seminars >
> conf.tx_seminars_seminars = IMG_RESOURCE
> conf.tx_seminars_seminars {
>    file = GIFBUILDER
>    file {
>       XY = 670,[10.h]+[20.h]+[30.h]+23
>        backColor = #ffffff
>  transparentColor = #ffffff
>        transparentColor.closest = 1
>          10 = TEXT
>       10.text.field = title
>       10.fontFile =  fileadmin/templates/fonts/EgoCom.ttf
>       10.offset = 0,[10.h]
>       10.fontSize = 30
>     }
>   }
> }
> }
>
> This works and outputs the correct path to my image-file that is being
> created from the title. Since I have no means of putting the image into the
> seminars template I thought of using the path within a newly generated
> stylesheet:
>
> dynamicStylesheet = PAGE
> dynamicStylesheet {
>    typeNum = 79
>    config {
>        disableAllHeaderCode = 1
>        additionalHeaders = Content-type: text/css
>        admPanel = 0
>    }
>    10 < lib.test1
>    10.stdWrap.wrap (
> h1.seminars {
>    background-image: url(|);
> }
> )
> }
>
> While the 10.stdWrap gets output in my stylesheet the 10 < lib.test1
> delivers nothing (completely empty).
>
> Anyone with a hint on how to get the output that I can see when using it as
> content into my stylesheet?

Well, if you just need a nonstandard web font in the titles, I'd
encourage you to use CSS instead [1], [2]. It's quite a bit easier and
generally a better solution than TS-generated images.

However, if you do need an actual generated image for one reason or
another, I wrote an extension a couple of years ago that provides a
bunch of default Typoscript to do exactly what you're attempting
(including a manual)  [3].

[1] The first paragraph gives a nice overview of what's currently
available: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fonts-at-the-crossing/
[2] http://code.google.com/webfonts
[3] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bh_firtools/current/

--