[TYPO3-english] felogin and template file

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 30 16:20:48 CET 2010

Hi,

On 30-11-2010 16:08, Boris Gulay wrote:
> I have felogin extension with template file specified. Template file
> resides in fileadmin subfolder.
> The problem is: when I change template file it does not change the
> output (of course I use "Clear page content cache command"). To update
> template, used for page generation, I need to specify template file in
> plugin configuration again.

True.

> After investigation I can say that extension uses file in
> "uploads/tx_felogin/" folder instead of my original template. This file
> is updated when I change template in plugin settings.

Also true. The file you specify is copied to uploads/tx_felogin/ and
used from then on.

> In content item configuration (tt_content.pi_flexform) I can see the
> following fragment:
> <field index="templateFile">
> <value index="vDEF">felogin.tmpl</value>
> </field>
> It seems to me that here should be something like
> "fileadmin/.../felogin.tmpl".

No, the upload path is defined in the flexform, so the files are
expected to live in uploads/tx_felogin.

> So, my question is: what should I do to make felogin use my template
> instead of a copy?

What you should do according to the author of felogin is to remove the
template from the flexform and set your template again in the flexform.
Then a new copy of your updated template is created and used by felogin.

Other solution would be to leave the flexform field empty and set in
Typoscript:
plugin.tx_felogin_pi1.templateFile = fileadmin/.../felogin.tmpl
In this case felogin will directly use your template.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.