[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and opendata

Pierre-Emmanuel Muller pem at in-cite.net
Mon Nov 29 21:09:51 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

The opening of data is already common practice, particularly in the United States (http://data.gov) or in Britain http://data.gov.uk). But in France there is still few opendata initiatives.

We had the opportunity to support Rennes Métropole and Keolis Rennes in the first French large scale data opening initiative. (see http://www.data.rennes-metropole.fr/ and http://data.keolis-rennes.com/)

It has been decided from the beginning of our work with Rennes Métropole and Keolis Rennes that the technical platform developed to support this project would be FLOSS (licensed under the GNU GPL).

We are pleased to announce that we would like to give back to the community with the release of this platform, which has been built on top of TYPO3.
The UK government has released its CKAN platform, but, as far as we know, our platform is the first complete platform dedicated to opendata and its local ecosystem. And it works on top of TYPO3: inspiring people to share ;)

A test site is available at this address :
http://opendata.in-cite.net/
The platform can be downloaded here:
http://opendata.in-cite.net/fileadmin/icsopendata.tar.gz
We'll translate the FE asap. Most of the BE commands are already in English.
We're also going to quickly put the platform on the Forge for further development.

Regards,

PeM
--
Pierre-Emmanuel Muller
In Cité Solution        |  Directeur associé
02 22 51 08 21          |  pem at in-cite.net