[TYPO3-english] Question about extension vs FCE

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC zach at castironcoding.com
Thu Nov 4 14:16:14 CET 2010

Hi Doug,

Yes, an FCE can't do any kind of query. And FCE is basically a custom
content element; something that you would place in a specific spot on a
specific page (although you could place it in specific spots on multiple
pages). In this regard, an FCE behaves similarly to a regular TYPO3
content element such as a "text" element.

If you wanted to list records dynamically, you'd most likely need to use
a plug-in (which is a subset of TYPO3 extensions in general).

best,
Zach