[TYPO3-english] Question about extension vs FCE

Bonneville, Douglas Douglas.Bonneville at pyramis.com
Wed Nov 3 21:02:57 CET 2010

Hi Kay: Thanks for the response.

If I have a FCE with a field called "myColor", it seems that, according
to the Typo3 book, and I can't query the FCE to select records based on
the field "myColor" because it's really stored in XML and is a kind of
"trick", to put it as the book puts it.

If in my example I need to sort records for output based on "myColor", a
FCE would not support this, correct? I would therefore need either 1) my
own extension or 2) an extension an existing extension like tt_news
which uses fields.

Does that sound right? I'm really trying to get my head around this!

Doug