[TYPO3-english] Stop filelinks from appending version numbers

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed May 26 18:59:36 CEST 2010

Hi everyone!

Whenever I add a filelink to some file, the filename (chosen from the
filelist residing in fileadmin/) gets appended with a string like "_XX",
where XX is an increasing number. The filename in fileadmin/ does not
contain this suffix. However, after I save the changes to the filelink
object, the file is copied to upload/media/ and appended with this
number. How can I either make filelinks to overwrite the files in
upload/media/ or -- even better! -- to *directly* link to the fileadmin/
structure?

Best regards,

Arne