[TYPO3-english] question for extension templates

Peter Ruijter peter.ruijter at gmail.com
Tue May 25 22:12:16 CEST 2010

Hi Rajat,

Inside the Calendar extension files are replacement functions for the
placeholders which are shown in your template. Normally the files that are
generating content for the frontend are placed inside the pi1 folder of the
extension (there can also be more than one pi-folders, but that happens when
the extension has more possible functions, it depends on the extension
design).

It depends on the extension design if you can replace the markers via
Typoscript. The programmer of the extension should also readout the
"Typoscript engine". This is really easy to do (if you know how to do this
in code), that's why most of the extensions are providing this option.

Resuming my answer; placeholders are replaced by replacement functions
inside the extension files (pi-folders). Replacing placeholders with
Typoscript, is only possible when it is enabled by the creator of the
extension.

I hope this will answer your question.

Best regards,

Peter Ruijter