[TYPO3-english] tt_news Crop text

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 25 14:53:38 CEST 2010

> Using tt_news the typoscript gets the heading of the latest
> article [I am not sure about the 'view', I think it is 'latest' as
> per the functionality]. I would like to crop this heading to a
> specified length.

This was the missing part :-)

I guess what you are looking for is plugin.tt_news.displayList.title_stdWrap
which can easily be found by browsing through the tt_news properties using
the TypoScript Object Browser (TSOB).

Now you can assign the crop function to this part by

plugin.tt_news.displayList.title_stdWrap {
  crop = 123|...|1
}

Have a look at TSref stdWrap => crop if you need more information about
crop.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian