[TYPO3-english] tt_news Crop text

ppraveenk praveen.penupati at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:49:31 CEST 2010

thanks for the reply and kind words...
My goal is to crop the dynamically rendered content in TypoScript.
My website has a home page with different sections like media, news, videos
etc.
We use automaketemplate parser extension to render the home page dynamically
using subparts and markers.
The typoscript code uses tt_news to display the latest article.
I have a system folder in the typo3 back end that contains some articles.
Using tt_news the typoscript gets the heading of the latest article [I am
not sure about the 'view', I think it is 'latest' as per the functionality].
I would like to crop this heading to a specified length.
Please find the typoscript code below:

1.   subparts.mediacontent < plugin.tt_news
2.   subparts.mediacontent {
3.    templateFile = fileadmin/templates/media.html
4.    defaultCode = LIST
5.    limit = 1
6.    singlePid = 12
7.    pid_list = 13
8.    noPageBrowser = 1
9.    backPid = 21
10. }

Please let me know in case more details are needed.
I shall try my best to provide you the required details.

cheers!
praveen.