[TYPO3-english] problems when moving to a new server?

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Mon May 17 21:16:54 CEST 2010

Hi.

I have moved and copied typo3 installations several times before without
any problems but now I can't make it work.

My approch:

1. I download the all files on server A
2. I upload all files to server B
3. I export the database from server A
4. I import the database to server B
5. I edit the localconf file with the new database username, password,
host and name.
6. I check the check that the connection is established through the
install tool.

This usually does the job, but now I am getting a bunch of error
messages like:

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in
/var/www/domain.com/public_html/t3lib/class.t3lib_loadmodules.php on
line 565

I can't see any pages with the page module and the list module is missing?

I have clearly overlooked something but what?

All suggestions are most welcome.