[TYPO3-english] User Registration with felogin

Christian Schuster csvirtual at web.de
Sun May 16 00:40:32 CEST 2010

Jan, thank you for your very good answer!! Some comments following:

> Christian Schuster wrote:
>> But I need some help for other issues with felogin...I already
>> searched a lot to find answers:
>
> A lot of questions, so some of the answers might be short, just to point
> you in a right direction (there are often more "right" ways to do things)
>
>> 1.) There needs to be a registration page where the user can enter
>> his name, address .... With the button "send" the information should
>> be send to my email (preferred) or to the typo backend. The
>> registration must not be automatically, as I want to manually
>> activate a user (no problem if i have to enter a username and
>> password manually in the typo backend for this).
>
> You could try to use the extension sr_feuser_register. It can be
> complicated to set it up, but it does what you specify. The not-automatic
> part of the registration is that it has a feature called "admin review".
> Basically the whole process goes like this:
> 1. Visitor fills registration form
> 2. Visitor gets confirmation e-mail and must click on link to validate
> his/her e-mail address
> 3. Admin receives e-mail and must accept or deny the registration
> 4. User receives e-mail that his registration request is accepted or
> denied.
> For every step the admin can also receive a notification.
> You can also invite people to register and registered users can edit their
> profile data.
>
> All these possibilities make it sometimes hard to configure (the default
> HTML template file is more than 2500 lines long).

I already tried sr_feuser_register and it is definitely hard to bring to
work. I will start with a normal form and let it send the data to my email.
I do not need all the verfication emails...i will call the potential
registrant and after it manually enter a username and password in the
backend..that does it for my purpose. I hope the form which comes with Typo
is good enough and I don't need another extension..we will see:)

>> 2.) I would like to change the design of the login area. Because the
>> page will be bilingual in future, i am skeptical if it is enough to
>> change somehting in the template. by the way, which templates do i
>> need to change and where can i find them?
>
> The standard template for felogin is typo3/sysext/felogin/template.html
> You can copy this and store it somewhere you like (e.g.
> fileadmin/templates/ext/). In the plugin configuration or in TypoScript
> you can specify which template file must be used.
>
> In the new manual of felogin [1] you'll find plenty of information about
> the names of the TypoScript properties you can use to process/manipulate
> various data and texts. The rest can be done in the template.

Thank you for that and the manual....it is better than the one I found on
the web!!

>> 3.) instead of having the login link in the normal menu on the left
>> side and the login text in my content area , i want the login
>> (username & password field & Login button) on top of the page (in the
>> main template). so it should be shown on every page and when the user
>> is logged in, the "logout" button should appear instead.
>
> You can also add the felogin plugin with TypoScript (example):
>
> 20 < plugin.tx_felogin_pi1
> 20 {
> templateFile = fileadmin/templates/ext/felogin.html
> }

Haven't tried..but I will tomorrow!

>> 4.) redirect: it does not work, although I uploaded all patches (and
>> activated it with the shell) according to the bug fix webpage. my
>> typo3 version is 4.3.3
>
> It does work. If you applied all the latest patches all the redirect
> options from the manual should work correctly. You must however realize
> (as explained in the new manual) that not felogin but the TYPO3 core (the
> authentication service(s)) handle the actual login and after that felogin
> will handle the redirects. So, the felogin plugin must be visible for the
> user who is logged in to make the redirect work.

OK. I came one step further: it is true that the felogin plugin must be
visible for the frontend user. I chose the redirect option "redirect by
Referrer" , so that the page from which user came is the one shown after the
login. But instead of directing correctly there is an error because the
returned Url is the folder where my typo3 install is in (correct) but then
the whole Url is added behind: The requested URL
/cms/http://www.mydomain.com/cms/index.php?id=12 was not found on this
server.

The ID=12 is correct (the page the user came from). But it should be like
this, I guess: /cms/index.php?id=12

I experimented with entering the following two rows in the TypoScript (in
the main template and under "options" of my login page):
config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages = 1

config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages_addParams =
&referer=###RETURN_URL###

I also replaced Return_Url with Page_Id  but it does not change anything.

Any idea how to solve that? The rest I will do on my own and i am optimistic
to get the rest running:)

THANKS AGAIN!