[TYPO3-english] User Registration with felogin

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 15 16:44:10 CEST 2010

Christian Schuster wrote:
> But I need some help for other issues with felogin...I already
> searched a lot to find answers:

A lot of questions, so some of the answers might be short, just to point
you in a right direction (there are often more "right" ways to do things)

> 1.) There needs to be a registration page where the user can enter
> his name, address .... With the button "send" the information should
> be send to my email (preferred) or to the typo backend. The
> registration must not be automatically, as I want to manually
> activate a user (no problem if i have to enter a username and
> password manually in the typo backend for this).

You could try to use the extension sr_feuser_register. It can be
complicated to set it up, but it does what you specify. The
not-automatic part of the registration is that it has a feature called
"admin review". Basically the whole process goes like this:
1. Visitor fills registration form
2. Visitor gets confirmation e-mail and must click on link to validate
his/her e-mail address
3. Admin receives e-mail and must accept or deny the registration
4. User receives e-mail that his registration request is accepted or denied.
For every step the admin can also receive a notification.
You can also invite people to register and registered users can edit
their profile data.

All these possibilities make it sometimes hard to configure (the default
HTML template file is more than 2500 lines long).

> 2.) I would like to change the design of the login area. Because the
> page will be bilingual in future, i am skeptical if it is enough to
> change somehting in the template. by the way, which templates do i
> need to change and where can i find them?

The standard template for felogin is typo3/sysext/felogin/template.html
You can copy this and store it somewhere you like (e.g.
fileadmin/templates/ext/). In the plugin configuration or in TypoScript
you can specify which template file must be used.

In the new manual of felogin [1] you'll find plenty of information about
  the names of the TypoScript properties you can use to
process/manipulate various data and texts. The rest can be done in the
template.

> 3.) instead of having the login link in the normal menu on the left
> side and the login text in my content area , i want the login
> (username & password field & Login button) on top of the page (in the
> main template). so it should be shown on every page and when the user
> is logged in, the "logout" button should appear instead.

You can also add the felogin plugin with TypoScript (example):

20 < plugin.tx_felogin_pi1
20 {
	templateFile = fileadmin/templates/ext/felogin.html
}

> 4.) redirect: it does not work, although I uploaded all patches (and
> activated it with the shell) according to the bug fix webpage. my
> typo3 version is 4.3.3

It does work. If you applied all the latest patches all the redirect
options from the manual should work correctly. You must however realize
(as explained in the new manual) that not felogin but the TYPO3 core
(the authentication service(s)) handle the actual login and after that
felogin will handle the redirects. So, the felogin plugin must be
visible for the user who is logged in to make the redirect work.

[1]
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/trunk/typo3/sysext/felogin/doc/manual.sxw

--
Jigal van Hemert