[TYPO3-english] COA inside another COA - is it a wise thing?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 11 12:00:41 CEST 2010

>>> is it better (for performances) to have a lot of "typoscript object
>> path"s in Templavoila DS or having a smaller DS and more COA objects
>> defined in TS?
>
> thats also interesting for me... maybe an example
> there are 20 objects to map, there is the possibility to put it in 2
> COA with 10 objects
> What will the better way:
> mapping 20 lib.object.path with single objects
> or mapping 2 lib.object.path with 10 objects in a COA
> ???

IMHO the latter would be the way to go, since it will reduce the workload
significantly, because due to the XML structures TV splits up the whole
stuff internally when using 20 different object paths - but then again, you
might consider dropping TV completely, because TypoScript is definitely not
the major performance killer when using TV, although TS might be an overall
performance killer compared to other CMS systems than TYPO3.

On the other hand it doesn't really matter how long it takes to render a
page, as long as it can be delivered from cache afterwards. So if you don't
use too many dynamic content elements on your site, it's not a big issue if
you are using TV and/or TS or another templating system.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de