[TYPO3-english] Realurl & suggestion for hybrid multilanguage site

Tim Wendisch t.wendisch at rothfeld.de
Fri May 7 18:17:51 CEST 2010

Maybe I misunderstood the problem, but as far as you discribed it I can't see one.
You could try to use a mix of realurl and different "A-Records".

http://www.abc.com/it             ->domainrecord "www.abc.com" AND language parameter L=0
http://www.abc.com/en          ->domainrecord "www.abc.com" AND language parameter L=1
http://www.abc.com/dk          ->domainrecord "www.abc.com" AND language parameter L=2

http://common1.abc.com/       ->domainrecord "common1.abc.com"
http://common2.abc.com/       ->domainrecord "common2.abc.com"

the only thing to do would be to insert "Domain Records" in the Typo3 pagetree. if you would like to have the "Common 1" and "Common 2" located inside the domain, you could try to use the htaccess modRedirect function.

Greetings Tim